First Week of School 2012

First Week of School 2012
First Week of School 2012

Friday, May 7, 2010

Comedy Club....



Today we said good-bye to Chris & Jonathan and as I write this they are in the air headed for NY, and then on to MN. I was able to ride with Natasha (helper), to pick up a new child for the orphanage, boy age 9, beautiful, kind boy. Then we headed to Noveselki where the kids were packing and getting ready to go to Kiev with me.


When we left their home, there were a lot of tears, mine included! Everyone is so beautiful there. One babushka came and gave me a HUGE hug and said Spaciba (thank-you), Mama! I did not get a photos as I was thinking of the luggage and other things, but Natasha(woman) will give me a copy of the photo.


We did some business at the Passport office, and now need to wait for passports. They all had photos, so I don't know if passport photos were even needed before. I will find out.

Once at home, we unpacked, had a little snack of pickles and drink. We then went shopping without Katya. She called companions. We bought tooth brushes, and eggs and a few other little things.

When we got back, we had been back for awhile and someone came to our door and rang our door bell. I knew it was a salesman, but Katya said I didn't understand what he was saying. So she called our helper from the orphanage, and he talked to the man and said it was a gift and to accept it...however, it was just buy some of these at a discount...and it took me a while to explain to him that YES I understand, and NO I do not want any!!! And after I explained to Katya that next time Mama says, Niet (no)...it's niet.... : ) and she understood. And during this visit Natasha started holding the woman's hand who was here, and I pulled her aside and asked her "WHO" is this woman that you hold her hand..and that it hurts Mama's heart. And that if we were on the main street of Kreschatyk, and I saw a little girl who I didn't know, would I run up to her and hold her hand..and she understood. It was a "Comedy Club" for us for a few minutes!!!

I am so glad we are all together, as we need to spend time alone together. Also, I feel as though I am taking my kids from a high speed fast forward, to slow down and calm down. I hope to get some art supplies tomorrow somewhere. I think tomorrow we will go to a museum we went to before, a park that is close by, and then we will look and see how much ice skating is. We need to be on the move, or they go crazy inside our little apartment.

Lots of laughter today, and no tears, except saying good-bye, and when Andri wanted to buy a tooth brush, but earlier he said he could use the extra one we had in our apartment. He was just sad to not get a "new" one. And he had about 3 tears.

We hope Chris and Jonathan make it home safe, and we pray for bedtime before 10pm with sleeping children. Katya has a favorite show on for the kids, so I am doing e-mail, blogger & shower. Right now we are eating Keiffer "ice cream" that we made ourselves with kieffer, jelly, and a little sugar and put into the freezer. They love it, and it's 0% fat! : ) Yeah!

Love Alesia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

December 2011 Haak Family

December 2011 Haak Family
December 2011 Haak Family

Pray for those who persecute you....

Matt 5:11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."

Matt 5:44" But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.


Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.....

Phil 4:5-9 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.


2nd Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We adopted 4 older siblings from Ukraine in 2010 and hope we can help.

We will share what we learn and help you when we can. There are great supports here on this page. Sometimes it's one day, moment and breath at a time. And you're not alone. Love, Alesia & Chris