First Week of School 2012

First Week of School 2012
First Week of School 2012

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Today is Katya's Birthday & Our Anniversary.


Piano Lessons with Mrs. Everitt. She did great with the kids!


Natasha with a Guinea Pig at our friends home Sunday Evening.
We shared our CHAI message with them, and the kids had a lot of fun together.
It is the start of the day here, 6:27am on Our Anniversary & Katya's Birthday.

We suited up for skating and hockey yesterday. Had piano lessons for Andri, Natasha, & Sophia. All went great. I can honestly say that all our children are quick learners.

Katya has been trying out her new computer, and I will send a message to as many people that I can with the address. The only problem is we don't think Juno can handle the Russian/English input, or something. So we might need to get a different account. Our next Step is Skype.


Katya cooked soup for us yesterday. It was great. Jonathan doesn't like any kind of soup, so I had to explain to her that it wasn't her soup. He sat at the table for awhile "trying it out".


Yesterday I biked with Natasha & Sophia while children took turns on the computer in 1/2 hour increments, and when Natasha & Sophia took their turn, I biked with Andri. A great way to get a little excercise in! Did some laundry as well.



By about 3pm I was shot and everyone took a quiet time! We finished the evening with piano lessons, and The Sound of Music movie with popcorn and 1 can of pop.



I have more photos on a different camera of the lemonade stand they had yesterday with a neighbor girl.


Our only problems are keeping up with anything left out, or not put away, and for me it's pretty loud around here so I ask them to keep it down. And when I say no, it's sometimes a huge disappointment, so a few things to work on. Andri & the boys had their first "big" fight yesterday over turning the fan on or not. It was all a misunderstanding, and we worked it out. Those 3 need to use their WORDS...will be my schooling to them. A few tears, and no bumps or bruises. And they made up as far as I can tell.
Andri prayed the other night and thanked Jesus for Mama & Papa, and I'm not sure what else as it was in Ukrainian. He asked me yesterday when he is going back to Ukraine, so I think he's still trying to figure things out. He said he was happy to be in America and loved it. I think because he came once and returned, it just seems like that will happen again.
I have told all the girls that on good days or bad, that we never want them to leave us. And I am not sure if I have had that same "conversation" in my broken Russian/Ukrainian/English.
Please pray for 4 more host families for children this summer. The deadline is this Friday! Thank-you so much!


Love from Chris & Alesia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

December 2011 Haak Family

December 2011 Haak Family
December 2011 Haak Family

Pray for those who persecute you....

Matt 5:11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."

Matt 5:44" But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.


Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.....

Phil 4:5-9 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.


2nd Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We adopted 4 older siblings from Ukraine in 2010 and hope we can help.

We will share what we learn and help you when we can. There are great supports here on this page. Sometimes it's one day, moment and breath at a time. And you're not alone. Love, Alesia & Chris