First Week of School 2012

First Week of School 2012
First Week of School 2012

Friday, October 21, 2011

The BIG little things....

First, thank you for all your prayers..sounds like Chris' Mom will come home Sat, and my Dad and Mom are having some good times, peace and relief together, if that makes any sense.

Here's a few BIG little things that just leave me standing with my mouth open (usually yelling!)....

1) A few days ago, Andre got hit in the head with a basket ball (just an accident as it came down through the hoop)....he cried..it hurt...THEN...."It's all Sophia's fault because she won't pass....", no it's not, you're just mad because you got hurt...etc on and on for 10 minutes...then "I'm sorry for blaming Sophia"....

2) Today Natasha had on pants that were too long for her...I asked her to change them..."It's Sophia's fault..she gave them to me..." etc..anger yelling, yelling at me because I asked her and Andre not to do some thing but I didn't ask Sophia..etc..you get the idea....then "I'm sorry".....

3) Today..Natasha said "Now I don't have anything to wear because they're in the dirty laundry"...and then later tried to sneak them out of the laundry, and then got mad at me when I said that wasn't going to fly....then "I'm sorry"

4) Today...Andre took his torn old laces out of his hockey skates, and we put new ones in...they were a little long so we tied a couple knots in them so he wouldn't trip. We got home..."Mom...I am going to need new laces again because these are almost thread bare!".....wow..how can that happen so fast???? So...I said, tell me the truth or you can skip hockey tonight. 30 Seconds later..."I cut them"..how? "With my skate blade".....why?  "I didn't like the knots. Well can you guess what Andre is doing now...lacing up his skates with laces he had to find from his sister, after telling them of his foolishness.

5) Today...Jonathan can't get a handle on his mouth..we almost left him at outside playing baseball..but we didn't...he is quick to admit things, doesn't lie about them or sneak..but he can really be in our faces too.

And I'm blogging, because I need to do something other than scream!!! And some days I really think some of my kids try to paint a picture that I'm the "mad" mom, and I'm the problem.

I was thinking today about their experience in the orphanage...they all went from activity to activitiy. Their major issues were fighting over a toy, not eating food they didn't like, and things we don't dare talk about on blogs...if they can manage to go from one activity to another activity without getting into trouble (either they don't do it..or they sneak it and don't get caught)...then all is well.

Now they have a mom who cares about the truth, the heart, self responsible actions, and when I confront them they throw horrible fits, to try to get me mad, so they can tell everyone how angry I am.

Some days all I can say is WOW...and hope this moment moves on and gets better....

Sorry to vent...we're a little out of sorts from our trip, hockey starting up, and just getting back in the groove. Hope to turn the ship around this weekend....

Enjoy the sun! Alesia & Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

December 2011 Haak Family

December 2011 Haak Family
December 2011 Haak Family

Pray for those who persecute you....

Matt 5:11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."

Matt 5:44" But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.


Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.....

Phil 4:5-9 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.


2nd Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We adopted 4 older siblings from Ukraine in 2010 and hope we can help.

We will share what we learn and help you when we can. There are great supports here on this page. Sometimes it's one day, moment and breath at a time. And you're not alone. Love, Alesia & Chris