First Week of School 2012

First Week of School 2012
First Week of School 2012

Friday, April 27, 2012

Clarity in the Clouds....Freedom in the Fog?

I remember the last time we drove in the fog. It was on an evening after Jaclyn's end of the year hockey party when she was 10. We were driving to Florida, and headed East through Wisconsin. We were probably 30 minutes into the drive when the fog started. When we went into valleys there would be fog, then on the way out of the valley it would clear. And later it was almost constant. Chris driving, and I was very tired, but couldn't sleep well, because of the fog, and the lack of clarity......if you can remember that feeling of driving in this, it is very tense and your whole body is focused, but you can't see in front of you very far.....

That's how I would describe the last few weeks....and even a 2 hour drive in fog is hard to sustain, so having it come an go over a couple weeks can really wreak havoc on the nerves. And none of these things are "blow up" proportion, but when they come at you more frequently that you are able to fend them off, they seem much bigger collectively.

We had a cardinal nest near our window and she had chicks, and they were so fun to watch, and then they were gone? What happened?...."I rrrrron't know" A rolled tongue on a word that doesn't have an R for attention, or to cover up lying?...I don't know really myself. "I did hit the tree with a stick once because I forgot." "Ok, I did hit it again because I forgot".....................fog............still haven't heard the real story on that one.....I keep hoping they flew away.

We had 12 bagels...gone quickly, no one knows where they went but 3 people ate them, and things don't add up.................fog...

I ask one to put away her book...later; Did you put it away? "Ya"....and sometimes accompanied by cracking of knuckles....why is lying so attractive???? FOG...Did you just lie? "Ya"...Go put away the book. I am supposed to celebrate that they told me the truth, while I'm just reeling inside....I can't handle even a stretch of the truth...it's just FOG to me....

We have some great ideas for PSEO in a little over a year for Jaclyn..........fog clears!

We asked our top algebra daughter just a couple of questions from the kids math, and the answers seemed foggy to me......not what I would have expected....it didn't measure up from one who is getting such good grades in Algebra....how can that be? And I have rarely seen that book opened at home.

The coffee pot broke after someone tried to make coffee....but know one knows how....

I came home from a homeschool talent show at a nursing home where this one family, danced, sang and juggled for the Lord, their love for Him shines, and our girls dances to praise music, and I just couldn't stop smiling for awhile..."What wrong with you, and that fake smile" came a comment to me! I was so full of Him, that day it was finally bubbling out, and then drama comments like that....more FOG!!  I gently explained that I had a wonderful afternoon and was really full and happy from it....some clarity, but the sting is still there..

It seems like more often than not, A does not = A around here, but B....and usually it doesn't take long for it to = B^2 (that's squared)............

And when I can divert my attention to something true, unaltered, and real, the fog clears, but when I'm immersed in the drama, lying, foolish talk, mis-understandings, sass, etc,  it's like I'm navigating with all intensity in the fog. Yes, I'm disciplining for all of it, swiftly, but sometimes, it is so sly, or strange, I just can't even put my finger on it.

Last night, I did put up a few screens, Jaclyn worked energetically on her finance test. The other girls watched a movie and came up to bed quietly after. They had cleaned their bathroom, window sills and put up their screens as well! All was quiet....but that was after a day of drama....

Some times kids will make these sly, judgemental comments, sometimes during Bible, but then when you ask about it, they look away, or can't speak...it's just another things that needs correction, but it makes me wonder where their heart is at. Here's one "Why do people talk about Chineese"....well, I have been with this person more than most in the last 2 years, and we never talk about Chineese, so I confronted...maybe people from your past did, but have you heard anyone in the last 2 years do this? "Uh, no..but books do, like this one" it was from her sister's HISTORY book!  So why the fascination with Chineese? She looks away, can't talk about it, etc....FOG!

The boys are doing well as far as I have heard! No fish yet.

Anyway, picture driving in the fog, and maybe you'll understand how it is around here....with - thank God- moments of clarity along the way....like the walk today in the woods. Hope to keep that up for awhile! And will try to "drive the home" like Chris..with nerves of steel! If I have nerves of steel, I'll pull us out of the fog and into the clear....but for a mom with all those feelings it can be hard at times!

We'll be heading up to Mom's to get her dock in with my brother. Should be some "real" times of clarity for me! Hope she can handle any "fog" that comes her way!

Love Alesia & Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

December 2011 Haak Family

December 2011 Haak Family
December 2011 Haak Family

Pray for those who persecute you....

Matt 5:11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."

Matt 5:44" But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.


Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.....

Phil 4:5-9 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.


2nd Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We adopted 4 older siblings from Ukraine in 2010 and hope we can help.

We will share what we learn and help you when we can. There are great supports here on this page. Sometimes it's one day, moment and breath at a time. And you're not alone. Love, Alesia & Chris