First Week of School 2012

First Week of School 2012
First Week of School 2012

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Recognition...reproof...repair...and rest!

Jaclyn attended her hockey RECOGNITION tonight at Mahtomedi for maintaining at least a B average or more on her team. She was the only one to show up from her team, even though 6 had made it. I found it interesting that the attendance was very poor, thus the importance on academics. I also found it interesting that they did not recognize any of the high school players, even though some of the coaches were there, so I am assuming that was done at a different time. Lastly, I am surprised at how rude the children were during the different talks from the various speakers. My favorite talk was on how we are slaves to our habits (or sins I would say), and how we need to replace the bad ones with good ones....very encouraging for me!


Jonathan (10) rec'd REPROOF from 2 sources today, not that he didn't deserve it. It appears he sassed one of my friends, and he has boasted unnecessarily to one of his home school mates. Also today, I was called from the High School where he has participated in chess all year and had a wonderful time and can compete equally with many of them. He had "blown his nose" on one of the guys! Well, when I was able to establish what happened, he said that they had been chiding him to wash his hands, which he did, but then vehemently accused him of lying (remember these are 16 year olds from public HS) and the moderator was not around, none of which warrants fighting back however.....so I picked him up and we had a nice talk...so far we have reached "I'm sorry for sassing you mom, and I'm sorry for not keeping my self control" both very sincere...one time Andre hauled off and slashed him in the arm with his hockey stick and it was all he could do not to flatten him, but Jonathan came to me first....one step in the right direction!

I think what bothers me the most, is every can see Jonathan's sins, they are right out there, bugging everyone. Natasha tried to start something with him, instead of respecting him today, about nothing, and he said something back to her...and she tried to blame it all on him.

I bet there are people reading this that are even saying "yeah, Jonathan deserves to get in trouble"....but we have some in our family who are so sneaky with their sin, and lie about it slyly, and can't even properly feel remorse for their unkind sneaky ways, and try to shift blame, but rarely get caught, and on the outside appear so sweet. I can see it all, and I'd rather know what I'm getting and say stop, than wonder all the time...Anyway, we'll have some extra writing tomorrow, I'm sure and a few other measures of discipline in place. God bless our sneaky ones and help them come to repentance as well..

Katya watched the kids tonight, and slammed our front screen door, as have I, as has James & Jonathan (4 of us have that issue that we just don't hide from you!), well, when that door gets slammed, it gets stuck! Our discipline I guess, and then Chris has to REPAIR it! Well, when I came inside the "other unstuck" door tonight from the poorly attended academic award ceremony, I instructed everyone to REPAIR with each other. I have never seen so many people trying to place blame on someone else...all after having watched Little Women Christmas! They should have been happy to help each other! No one respects their older siblings so hope we can find some good teaching materials about older

Well, they all headed to bed at about 8:30pm and we hope they are all getting some much needed REST!

God Bless your week, we'll press on into tomorrow, one day at a time.

Love Alesia & Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

December 2011 Haak Family

December 2011 Haak Family
December 2011 Haak Family

Pray for those who persecute you....

Matt 5:11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."

Matt 5:44" But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.


Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.....

Phil 4:5-9 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.


2nd Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We adopted 4 older siblings from Ukraine in 2010 and hope we can help.

We will share what we learn and help you when we can. There are great supports here on this page. Sometimes it's one day, moment and breath at a time. And you're not alone. Love, Alesia & Chris