First Week of School 2012

First Week of School 2012
First Week of School 2012

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day..........Picnic on Kreschatyk


Parade, just one of many photos. Katya & friend cooking.


Andri at our picnic on Kreschatyk.


I think yesterday was a combination of all three! Today was good after we figured out what we were doing. We tried to find a good place to watch the parade, and a good place to find Katya's friend, but after we found her and our place to watch the parade and had a few pictures, it was hot and the kids wanted to go. I didn't but, it was good that we went as we couldn't see the rest of the show from where we were. So we went home. I was a little upset, as I love picnics on Mother's day (but now I know why I was upset as it is that time of the month!). Anyway, we came home, and Katya and her friend cooked an amazing soup! WOW...I can't wait to have her make it at home as well, and I asked her to cook it the day before we go home as it was so healthy. They made a great salad as well.


While they were cooking, the kids did crafts, and we watched the parade. It was great! And everyone was calm and relaxed. Katya's friend stayed with us for awhile, and then when she had to go, we walked her to her bus. Then we went to church in English. It's kind of boring, but the people are nice, and they serve treats there, and we sing hymns in English so thats fun. During Church, I was thinking about if Chris would call, and I was worried my phone would ring, so I took it out and looked at it, and 2 minutes later, Chris called me! : ) It was during a hymn so I could talk a little! There is one family there that "fosters" children, so they are really fun to talk to as well. They have invited us to their farm. We just don't know know when or if we will go out there.

After church we picked up a shirt for Andri, as some how he came home with me with only the shirt on his back. It cost 99grievna (about 12 dollars, and that was the cheapest one at Benetton store, the only store we could find easily.

After the shirt we picked up a couple more photo albums, as they keep the kids busy, with their stickers and writing. Natasha would like stickers for her birthday in July : ) She is sitting with me right now smiling asking what I wrote about her. Katya is on the phone. Sophia just got done with her album, and her and Andri are watching "Machina" Cars.

After the little shopping, we had a picnic on Kreschatyk with juice and chips. Now we are chilling out at home doing computer etc. We will head back to Kreschatyk for the show.

Mother's Day: Sometimes I feel like a "super mom" being here with 4 new children, and sometimes I feel like I have lost my "motherhood" by not being with my other 3 children. sometimes I miss them and cry, and sometimes I am very happy to be growing our family. I will be so happy when we are all together, and I think we all will be.

Sophia and I had a nice talk last night while drifting off to sleep. I held Andri's hand while he fell asleep. No crying for him, except today when Katya wanted him to change into his clean WET shirt from Jonathan's too big jersey! We survived and went on with our day.

All is well. Thanks for your prayers. We do not have plans for tomorrow yet. Maybe a museum, maybe Hydropark. We'll see. Some of the metro's were closed today for the parade, but I'm assuming they will be open tomorrow. The parade was a big deal on the TV today.
Love from Ukraine. Alesia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

December 2011 Haak Family

December 2011 Haak Family
December 2011 Haak Family

Pray for those who persecute you....

Matt 5:11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."

Matt 5:44" But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.


Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.....

Phil 4:5-9 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.


2nd Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We adopted 4 older siblings from Ukraine in 2010 and hope we can help.

We will share what we learn and help you when we can. There are great supports here on this page. Sometimes it's one day, moment and breath at a time. And you're not alone. Love, Alesia & Chris