First Week of School 2012

First Week of School 2012
First Week of School 2012

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Walk in the Park...


Famine Museum





Monday, today we went to the Arsenala stop, after a Gastronom stop for lunch fixings.

I found a good place on Kreschatyk to get cheese reasonable, which is nice. Anyway, we went to look at the Famine Museum once more, but it was closed as today is a holiday. I did call home quickly and woke Chris up which was not good, but he said all was set for 2 teen girls to watch our children this week which is a huge blessing for my peace of mind. I can't wait to hear how it is going.

We walked through a park, Katya talked with a woman that she knew and I hope some day she will share with me how she knows her. I asked her to share with me some day when she is older, like 15 or 20, and she said ok, she understood.

Well, it's night night here, and I need to check and answer a few e-mails. No tears today, except mine when I looked at a card I wrote to the kids about the words to Jesus Loves me, and how I wished I could send myself in a card. I cry because I don't know how to get through to them how much we care and love them, and have waited so long. I tried to explain a few things to Katya and I cried through half of that, but mostly we laugh, and have fun.

Our latest discussion is about how hard it must be for Andri with 4 "women" and no "men" to play with. Andri asked for deodorant today, so I got him some. I call him our "little man" Melenky Moshina (in Russian).
We keep busy with crafts, "typying" on the computer or some computer games, doing our nails, braiding hair, making kieffer ice cream, laundry, dishes, and cooking, and outings. We walk a lot and both Katya and Sophia came to me with "pretty" but uncomfortable shoes. I found shoes today for $290 (grievna), that is the best I could find. I know that Sophia has a nice comfy pair back at the orphanage that we gave her last summer. Shoes are $500+ and $1000+ (8x is approx for exchange rate) anywhere around here, and these other shoes were in Arsenala. It's so frustrating to not be at home where I can run to Target or Sam's and get a pair for under $20 dollars ($160). Andryusha only had 1 shirt, as I don't think it mattered to him to ask for more, and I didn't double check all their stuff.
Gotto go...kids don't want to sleep until I do : ) Love Alesia from Ukraine! (I'll add photos tomorrow or later tonight).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

December 2011 Haak Family

December 2011 Haak Family
December 2011 Haak Family

Pray for those who persecute you....

Matt 5:11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."

Matt 5:44" But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.


Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.....

Phil 4:5-9 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.


2nd Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We adopted 4 older siblings from Ukraine in 2010 and hope we can help.

We will share what we learn and help you when we can. There are great supports here on this page. Sometimes it's one day, moment and breath at a time. And you're not alone. Love, Alesia & Chris