First Week of School 2012

First Week of School 2012
First Week of School 2012

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lamentations...........and His Faithfulness

Quoted from the Family Life Marriage Bible, NKJV, "...this book is written near the end of his (Jeremiah's) life, as he sees the terrible fulfillment of all the ominous warnings he so faithfully delivered to his spiritually wandering people.  Even though God's hard hearted people ignored Jeremiah's message, the prophet still weeps at the fall of the holy city and at the suffering of God's chosen nation."

Just wanted to know the background and one of my favorite verses just mirrors today: Lam 3: 19-on into the rest of the chapter....

Remember my affliction and roaming...my soul still remembers and sinks within me...this I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not, THEY ARE NEW EVERY MORNING; Great is Your faithfulness, the Lord is my portion...says my soul, therefore I hope in Him! The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him, It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord....etc.

Today was a NEW day! Thanks for your prayers....we had a good family discussion today about our Bible reading (Delilah & Samson..and Judas Iscariot), we played Apples to Apples, and the kids sang karoke praise songs for a long time. Katya biked with Natasha to the Library, and the kids went later to the library with Dad and walked home. There was string chamber today in our home, and chess, and laundry, and bathroom floor washing. I walked with one daughter and she broke down and we hugged, and I walked with another explained the difference between wishing evil on someone and just explaining wrong doing. We painted nails and my hair got braided and combed a few times. Andre made mint tea, and Jaclyn baked cookies, Jonathan had hockey. We had a nummy steak & chx supper! We said things directly and yet we handled it. It was a NEW day and I am grateful to your prayers. I feel more strength today to be the mom I need to be, even though I faced similar challenges today.

My husband fixed my computer, and the car, and let me go out with a couple friends who home school as well. The kids played with some neighborhood friends outside today for awhile and the boys especially had fun with football, baseball and biking. It was a full day, but some how it was a NEW day, and I have strength to face tomorrow.

THANKS for your prayers! In Him, Alesia & Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

December 2011 Haak Family

December 2011 Haak Family
December 2011 Haak Family

Pray for those who persecute you....

Matt 5:11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."

Matt 5:44" But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.


Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.....

Phil 4:5-9 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.


2nd Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We adopted 4 older siblings from Ukraine in 2010 and hope we can help.

We will share what we learn and help you when we can. There are great supports here on this page. Sometimes it's one day, moment and breath at a time. And you're not alone. Love, Alesia & Chris