First Week of School 2012

First Week of School 2012
First Week of School 2012

Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Break and Stuff...James' birthday...

I think I came close to a nervous breakdown a couple weeks ago...really. I went up to my Mom's a weekend ago and we had a nice time, and I slept alot..with a cold that has been hanging on. We had a pretty good week this week, but I still found the need to sleep a lot.  Just really worn out...but finding ways to get away, or even just rest when I need to....

Andre & Natasha admitted to me that sometimes they do try see if they can get me upset. Natasha likes to answer a math problem wrong (1/2 of 4 is....1.5?)...and then look at me to see if I get frustrated. And Andre likes to leave urine in the toilet downstairs and say that he doesn't, and sometimes do it just to see if he can get me upset because it is kind of fun... :  ) . And then they both hug me later and love me soooo much. I guess at least they are being honest. And yes, sometimes I need to pull Pollyanna out of my pocket..or I'll just scream!

James had a nice family birthday today with a Star Wars, lego, game, Angry Birds, still learning how to read theme. He is nine.  He's close to reading, but he's a math whiz! We're trying to get there before test time in April! My favorite quote was to our new guitar teacher that we like a lot and can give a referral to you if you need one, his quote "I wish I could stay 8 forever", that will stick with me for years. He has never wanted to grow up, and he is really sweet about it. I think he really likes being our "baby". We'll put some pictures out there soon.

No real drama this week. I was able to explain myself a little bit to a couple daughters, and one gets it, I think, and the other, I'm not so sure. We'll see in time.

Kids are having fun in the melting warm weather. Chris is making plans for our home, Jonathan is preparing for his District game this Thursday, Jaclyn will play violin at Orchestra hall, Sophia & James will have a small family party together on Sunday, and hope Jonathan will take home a blue ribbon Sunday afternoon. Katya is hoping to pass her driver's test, we'll have Granda visiting this weekend as well as Aunts & Uncles, so will be a fun busy time.

Tonight we stayed up past 10pm! We watched the last Star Wars movie, they Underestimated the Power of the Good side! And I do too, sometimes! Kids are going to bed nicely, despite the cupcakes & icecream sugar high! Chris and I will enjoy a few minutes together before we fade, and back to some routine tomorrow!

Love from Alesia & Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

December 2011 Haak Family

December 2011 Haak Family
December 2011 Haak Family

Pray for those who persecute you....

Matt 5:11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."

Matt 5:44" But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.


Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.....

Phil 4:5-9 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.


2nd Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We adopted 4 older siblings from Ukraine in 2010 and hope we can help.

We will share what we learn and help you when we can. There are great supports here on this page. Sometimes it's one day, moment and breath at a time. And you're not alone. Love, Alesia & Chris