First Week of School 2012

First Week of School 2012
First Week of School 2012

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Quiet Peaceful Day...

I guess that is what you can call it since I spent most of it in the car driving here and there.....

Chris took the girls to their skating, while I took Jonathan to his 9:45am game (5-5..he put a beauty shot in from the blue line...played D, not his favorite, and he thought he was -1, I thought he was neutral). Girls had 2 hours of ice time today.

I took Jaclyn to her piano contest/exam, and she said that went well. Chris and the little boys went up to the cabin quick to fix the dock. Jaclyn played a new game with Sophia & Natasha.  Jonathan and I watched hockey on TV. Katya studied, facebooked, and showered early so I could braid her hair.

Chris and the boys had baseball. I took Jonathan to his scrimmage, 1 wrap-around goal, and 1 assist...

It was very peaceful, because I have been at distance from a couple of girls, and for some reason that adds to the peace and quiet; there is no drama, manipulation, sass, exaggeration, interruptions if there is no "connection".  Probably not the best way to be, but it's definitely better than tirades.  My friend offered to take them any time because they were so good and helpful (typical attachment disorder behavior), and I am more than ready for them to go as often as she needs. Glad they can be of help and have made a good friend!   Maybe we can keep this relationship going for a few years until the disrespect, sass, tirades, and deception quit and we can actually get along again!  I am truly sorry, but Friday really put me over the edge.

There were some side spats today, but all in all it was just a calm, neutral day, and I could use about 100 more of those.

Plan to attend (with most of the family) an evangelism meeting at a friends church tomorrow night and Wed. Should prove to be refreshing. I am so grateful for these opportunities.

I am still very frustrated about a few things and need to explore some options, as I can't live the way things have been going for much longer.....hope to read a few articles at the new website I posted...Center for Cognitive Developmental remediation-something something. It has some helpful tips for post orphange behavior. I really just need some clear direction. I plan to start asking around, the school, etc. It would be almost perfect if some of the kids could go to summer school, and return for HomeSchool, but I think they need them to be enrolled in the Fall, and I get closer to this every day, unfortunately. I want a healthy homeschool, but now with all the drama, interruptions, sass, laziness, deceptive behavior even in reading and math, it's all so ugly and frustrating...pretending to not understand, asking lazy questions, trying to get people upset..it's so babyish and frankly, I really just want to help our children learn..not just baby sit them all day...

Anyway...need to stop thinking about it for awhile, unfortunatetly, tomorrow is Monday, and in some ways I am really dreading it...but I don't plan on crying or cringing my way through it, will just help those interested in learning and respecting others....or even reading and studying quietly...and hope that I will have a good school day with some of the crew.
Hoping for more neutral days, Alesia and Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

December 2011 Haak Family

December 2011 Haak Family
December 2011 Haak Family

Pray for those who persecute you....

Matt 5:11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."

Matt 5:44" But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.


Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.....

Phil 4:5-9 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.


2nd Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We adopted 4 older siblings from Ukraine in 2010 and hope we can help.

We will share what we learn and help you when we can. There are great supports here on this page. Sometimes it's one day, moment and breath at a time. And you're not alone. Love, Alesia & Chris