First Week of School 2012

First Week of School 2012
First Week of School 2012

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Twice Adopted...

Recently Sophia shared that she gave her heart to our Lord, and today after our evangelism tour at a friend's church, Natasha said she wanted to know Jesus that way too. She has read her little tract that they gave her about 3 times and hugged me (fiercely), and is "so excited", to tears...all very geniune. I am really grateful for God's people being there at all the right places and times when we need them most! I am grateful that my friends invited me to their church just down the road, and hope I can go some Wed night for a "refresher course"!  Even with the ups and downs after our girls coming to the Lord, I am looking forward to some more peaceful days ahead!! Thank-you Lord.

Twice Adopted, and Hurt Children/Healing Homes are two books I would like to read.

The boys are just chitter chattering about Star Wars in their bedrooms, the girls are quiet, and Chris and I quietly eating pistachios. The ban lifted on our fires, so I tried to burn a pile of brush today, and for whatever reason, it just wouldn't go (even with paint thinner!), so I'll leave it for a couple of weeks and try again later. Maybe too wet from the rain last night.

The girls did some baking today, which was a blessing to them, and all of us as we ate their dessert for supper.

I did have a hard day today..not sure why, as I was outside a lot, etc. Sometimes I'm just painfully aware of heart issues in my children, and I just want to scream it out of them! Today, I tried to explain it to Andre, it's like someone is about to eat poison and I need to stop them...some times I react just like that..and then anxiety takes over...

Evangelicals going to church every day???? I know some faiths go to church every day....and lately, I could really get used to that. Listen to some great preaching, sing some awesome worship songs and rest in His presence...it would be just what the doctor ordered, but we don't have that "official" place to go.  No reason we can't go there at home. We do read Bible every day, and I need to change it up a bit so I'm reading a lot, and then we're reading it together...and I do put Pandora Hymns on and sing along, but sometimes I wish it was just a bit more...

Hope that as hearts learn to settle and rest in the Lord, we'll invite His presence at home more....some days it's definitely the opposite around here!

Our neighbor had a tragedy at her home this week, and our hearts go out to her, and we are looking forward to seeing her when all the dust settles. Life can be so fragile, explosive, hard, and even evil at times. May His grace abound to them at this difficult time.

1st Cor 13: 4 "Love suffers long and is kind.", Eph 4: 22 "radically amputate the sin in your life"..paraphrased from the pastor at our talks this week!

Love from Alesia & Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

December 2011 Haak Family

December 2011 Haak Family
December 2011 Haak Family

Pray for those who persecute you....

Matt 5:11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven...."

Matt 5:44" But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.


Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.....

Phil 4:5-9 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.


2nd Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We adopted 4 older siblings from Ukraine in 2010 and hope we can help.

We will share what we learn and help you when we can. There are great supports here on this page. Sometimes it's one day, moment and breath at a time. And you're not alone. Love, Alesia & Chris